Gloria Koch Leonidas Memorial Scholarship Application
Application for the IES Seattle chapter’s Gloria Koch Leonidas Memorial Scholarship to attend an approved conference in 2024. This scholarship was established to help students and emerging lighting professionals to attend a conference to advance their education and experience as designers.
Design students with an interest in lighting and/or emerging lighting professionals living within the Puget Sound area with 5 years or less of lighting experience.
Qualifying Lighting Events:
LEDucation (New York City) – March 19-20
IES Annual Conference (New York City) – August 15-17
IES Street and Area Lighting Conference (Atlanta) – September 22-24
IALD Enlighten Americas (San Diego) – October 17-19
IES education classes (cost of class) – TBD 2024
Other conferences may be eligible, please submit information
Varies for each event
How to Apply
- Provide a resume or CV of your experience and education and why you’re interested in lighting.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from an established lighting or design industry professional. This person shall not be a direct supervisor or senior person at your company.
- Provide a 150 word answer to the following question regarding your Annual Conference attendance:
What will be the benefit to your professional development for you to attend this conference?
For the final selection, you may be interviewed by members of the IES Puget Sound Scholarship committee for final approval. This will be a virtual process and not in-person.
- Applications and letters of recommendation should be submitted before February 15, 2024
- A PDF of your submission package should be emailed to [email protected]
- This scholarship will be awarded no later than February 29, 2024
- Proof of registration will be requested prior to award