Gloria Koch Leonidas Memorial Scholarship Application
Application for the IES Seattle chapter’s Gloria Koch Leonidas Memorial Scholarship to attend an approved conference in 2023. This scholarship was established to help students and emerging lighting professionals to attend a conference to advance their education and experience as designers.
Design students with an interest in lighting and/or emerging lighting professionals living within the Puget Sound area with 5 years or less of lighting experience.
Qualifying Lighting Events:
Lightfair International-New York City, May 21-25
IES Annual Conference-Schaumburg IL, August 3-5
IES Street and Area Lighting Conference-Indianapolis IN, October 29-November 1
IALD Enlighten Americas-Banff AB Canada, November 2-4
IES education classes (cost of class)
Other conferences may be eligible, please submit information
Varies for each event
How to Apply
- Provide a resume or CV of your experience and education and why you’re interested in lighting.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from an established lighting or design industry professional. This person shall not be a direct supervisor or senior person at your company.
- Provide a 150 word answer to the following question regarding your Annual Conference attendance:
What will be the benefit to your professional development for you to attend the Annual Conference?
For the final selection, you may be interviewed by members of the IES Puget Sound Scholarship committee for final approval. This will be a virtual process and not in-person.
- Applications and letters of recommendation should be submitted before March 22nd, 2023
- A PDF of your submission package should be emailed to [email protected]
- This scholarship will be awarded no later than April 1st, 2023
- Proof of registration will be requested prior to award.